Regional Business Development Executive
Teamsoft is a mid-sized software company specialising in providing ERP solutions to the SME sector.
The company has an established client base running a range of branded and bespoke solutions and has launched into the SAP Business One reseller marketplace just over two years ago. The Regional Business Development Executive role plays a leading part in the company’s ambitious revenue growth plan.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Regional Business Development Executive will work to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth from both existing and new clients. This person will play a leading part in achieving the long-term strategic goals of the organisation by building key customer relationships, identifying new business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
This important position in the company will be based away from the main office and will involve a large degree of autonomy, while having full access to the internal technology team, marketing resources and other colleagues as required to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. This will be achieved by identifying potential new clients, engaging with and converting them into revenue generating customers and continuing to grow revenue from this customer base into the future.
The role will also involve retention and growth of existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
The Regional Business Development Executive is responsible for maintaining a sufficient pipeline of active prospects to meet the overall new revenue targets set by management, and to fulfil this responsibility the Executive will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
Detailed Job Description
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients through cold calling and other lead generation activity as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage your existing network to introduce clients new to Teamsoft.
- Identify key influencers and decision makers within prospective client organizations.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan tailored approaches and pitches, working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Writing and production of detailed, comprehensive and appropriate formal proposals, in clear and accurate language.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Negotiate and close business agreements in line with mandated price and margin limits.
- Negotiate and agree contract terms and Service Level Agreements with all new clients as instructed by senior management.
- Liaise with the Client and Teamsoft Implementation teams through the entire solution implementation process up to final client acceptance and sign-off.
- Present an image consistent with the culture and values of Teamsoft.
Product Knowledge and Expertise
- Be a subject matter expert on SAP Business One structure, features, functionality, development roadmap, licencing and pricing options, plus the broad portfolio of SAP Approved add-on modules and products.
- Responsibility for delivering live demonstrations of basic Business One features and functionality.
- Broad knowledge of competitive ERP landscape and products.
Client Retention and Development
- Present new products and services to enhance existing client relationships and achieve incremental revenue targets from this client cohort.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to develop product responses to identified customer needs.
Business Development Planning
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and best practices through networking, industry media monitoring, attendance at industry events and conferences and other intelligence gathering activities as appropriate. Provide feedback and information on market and product trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Reporting
- Submit accurate weekly activity and progress reports.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Mentor non-sales customer facing staff on best practice in customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high performance and profitability.
- Well organised, self-starter and a natural forward planner.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives and business owners.
- Well presented and businesslike.
- Keen for responsibility and accountability but also able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Trustworthy with high levels of personal integrity.
- Capable of performing without constant close supervision.
Specific Job Skills:
- Able to communicate complex proposals and pricing verbally and in writing.
- Understands the principles of market sector targeting, product offer development and features-benefits-solutions selling.
- Understands basic business accounting and practices (Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash etc).
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, particularly margins.
- Comfortable with complex pricing and multi-option proposals.
- Well developed writing and document production skills.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Able to manage major accounts and large contracts, particularly achieving genuine, incremental sales development.
- Must be able to close complex deals with long sales cycles.
- Experience of public and private sector tenders also useful.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts and Service level Agreements (SLAs).
Education and Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- 5 years minimum software sales or marketing experience in a B2B environment, with a clear preference for ERP solutions experience. SAP Business One experience a very strong advantage.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- Basic financial knowledge.