Brexit came into full effect on the 1st January 2021. Make sure your ERP system can deal with it.
Whether your business is based in Northern Ireland, you trade cross-border, or if you trade into or out of the UK, Teamsoft can help make sure your ERP system can handle the new Brexit trading arrangements.
SAP Business One has the flexibility to be configured to deal with the complexities that Brexit present and the scalability to be ready for any opportunities as they arise for your business.
As a SAP Gold Partner with SAP Recognised Expertise in SAP Business One, Teamsoft has the technical know-how and real-world business experience in-house to get your company where it needs to be in this post-Brexit world.
Implications of Brexit for your ERP system
Now that a trade deal is in place between the UK and EU for Brexit, it brings a multitude of factors to be dealt with in both the short term and the long term.
Your system needs to have the capability of managing your business not just through this initial transition but also in the changeable period that lies ahead.
This is two-fold – knowing what has to be done, and knowing how to do it.
Some aspects of Brexit that need to be dealt with:
- Intrastat Reporting – especially in relation to Northern Ireland trading and its unique customs status.
- Tax determination and calculation – specifying what should be treated as EU or Export/Import transactions.
- Postponed VAT Accounting – cash flow alleviating facility from Revenue that allows VAT on imports to be included on VAT returns instead of having to pay it on point of entry.
- VAT registration numbers – e.g. for businesses in Northern Ireland, you must put an ‘XI’ prefix in front of your VAT number when dealing with an EU customer or supplier.
How the SAP Business One ERP system can help you manage Brexit
As the world’s largest provider of enterprise applications, you can be confident that SAP keeps up to date with the latest developments and has the capacity and expertise to handle the challenges of Brexit in both the short and long term.
New UK (Brexit) Localisation
While a no-deal outcome was avoided, the agreed EU/UK trading deal along with the unique status of Northern Ireland actually presents a more challenging situation for your ERP system to deal with, as there are a myriad of configurations required to ensure you are in line with this new arrangement.
This is where the configurability of SAP Business One comes to the fore as an ERP system that can handle this evolving situation.
The latest version of SAP Business One V10.0 was released with Brexit in mind and includes various enhancements to help give you the flexibility to cater for Brexit.
Some Brexit-ready features of SAP Business One ERP:
- HMRC Tax Digital compliant.
- Localisation options for multi-territory organisations.
- Integrations allowing you connect data and processes between overseas operations, suppliers and customers in what will be a more complex trading situation.
- Strong logistics and warehousing capabilities in a time requiring unprecedented reactiveness.
- In-built regulatory compliance for customs, tax and industry standards regulations.
- Real-time dashboard view of your entire business to allow you seize any opportunities that might arise in what will be a period of constant change.
How Teamsoft can help your business deal with Brexit
Teamsoft are the SAP Business One partner of choice for SMEs across Ireland and the UK including Northern Ireland.
This experience and insight means we are uniquely positioned to optimise your SAP Business One setup for business operations in this post-Brexit era.
Our extensive knowledge and experience in implementing ERP systems for export and import companies combined with our technical expertise means we are the ideal partner to support you as Brexit evolves in 2021.