Automating business processes with a modern ERP system can help overcome issues that can arise when key personnel are not available.
It’s summer time and the living is easy – or maybe not so easy when someone in your team needs to take a well-earned break, but the business depends on their vital input in the company.
This is where an ERP with enhanced capability to automate business processes can allow your hard-working people take time off, while your business stays functioning at full capacity.
By implementing an advanced ERP like SAP Business One from a SAP Gold Partner like Teamsoft who have expertise in aligning your ERP with your business process, you can ensure things stay running smoothly when key personnel are away.
Here we look at some of the ways an expertly implemented ERP system can mean holiday cover for your business.
- Automate accounting processes such as invoice generation, statement emailing, journal entries, period closing.
- Use permission levels to allow certain users or departments view limited information without having to ask accounts personnel, while keeping sensitive information secure.
- Use real-time integration between Finance and other business processes to reduce manual tasks.
- Automatically generate reports and send to specified users.
Sales & CRM
- Track progress of sales prospects in the pipeline and schedule follow-up call alerts so that leads don’t go cold while the salesperson dealing with the account is on holidays.
- Allow salespeople offer limited defined discounts to certain customers based on criteria such as quantity levels, slow moving stock, etc. without requiring authorisation.
- Provide customers with portal access to allow them manage their orders and get information on their account so that they do not need to solely rely on your sales and customer service staff.
- With all customer data stored in one place and synchronising to apps such as Microsoft Outlook, another member of the team can easily cover for someone on leave.
Purchasing & Inventory Control
- With real-time synchronisation of goods receipts and stock levels in the warehouse, invoices can be created automatically from a purchase order or goods receipt.
- Use minimum stock levels to generate automatic purchase orders for critical SKUs so as to ensure production lines always stay running.
- Have automatic alerts notify relevant departments of possible supple issues without needing someone to manually keep track and inform people.
- With automatic data collection, reports such as excess inventory, shortages, slow moving stock, and inventory turnover can be generated and distributed without manual intervention.
These are just some of the powerful automation features that can be implemented in SAP Business One to enable your business to continue to operate optimally when some of your team are absent. By optimising for automation when mapping out your ERP requirements, you can gain efficiencies for your business all year round, as well as managing holiday staffing issues.
Get the most from your ERP Investment with Teamsoft
Teamsoft has vast experience across a broad range of industries in analysing business processes and implementing SAP Business One so that you gain the maximum benefit from your ERP investment. As a SAP Gold Partner with SAP Recognised Expertise, we can help your business automate and modernise.
If you want to rest easy while your valued team take a break, then contact us today to find out how we can help your business take off!