Using the “Referenced Document” functionality in SAP Business One to create a link between transaction documents
There may be situations where you need to create a link between otherwise unrelated transactions.
For example, if you are placing a Purchase Order with a Supplier for goods required to fulfil a specific Customer sale, you may want to “link” the documents from these separate Purchase and Sales transactions together.
This can be done through the “Referenced Document” functionality, introduced in Version 9.2
- In any Marketing Document (AR Invoice, PO etc) go to the Accounting Tab and click the three dots icon by Referenced Document.
- In the window that appears, the first column has a drop-down menu where you can choose the document type you wish to reference.
- Choose the relevant document type and complete with the relevant document number in the next column.
- You can reference any SAP Business One Marketing Documents as well as External Documents.
- Referenced Documents will now also appear in the Relationship Map for the relevant transaction.
At Teamsoft, we are SAP Business One experts with lots of tips & tricks up our sleeves and we are sharing them with you to make your life easier. Follow us on social media or visit our blog for our weekly tips.
Do you have a question about using SAP Business One? Our team of experts have an in-depth knowledge and can offer practical advice on all aspects of the system. Contact them today with your query: